- What Transgender People Teach Us About God, and Our Humanity,The Washington Post, August 19, 2013.
- Outsources Radio - a GLBTQ show on KGNU Radio Boulder/Denver 88.5 FM and 1390 AM, July 29, 2013.
- Obama Applauds Supreme Courts DOMA and Prop 8 Rulings, The Gaurdian (UK), June 26, 2013.
- Did the Hayes Valley Farm Occupation Help or Hurt the Cause of Liberating Urban Space? San Francisco Bay Gaurdian, June 24, 2013.
- Starving Out Needing is No Way to Deal With Homelessness, San Francisco Examiner, February 25, 2013.
- Duboce Neighbors think St. Francis Lutheran Church Meal Program is Feeding Homeless Problem, San Francisco Examiner, February 24, 2013.
- Increase in Homelessness Upsets Duboce Merchants, San Francisco Examiner, January 30, 2013.
- Christmas Show, Outsources Radio - a GLBTQ show on KGNU Radio Boulder/Denver 88.5 FM and 1390 AM, December 24, 2012.
- Confabs to Spotlight Trans Leaders, Bay Area Reporter, October 25, 2012
- March Honors 46th Anniversary of Compton's Cafeteria Riots: Nearly Five Decades Later, San Franciscans Look Back at Major Turning Point in Trans Liberation, Diane Anderson-Minshall,
The Advocate, August 23, 2012.
- LGBTQ Author Aims to Inspire, Daily Aztec, May 7, 2012
- Queer Voices, 90.1 KPFT-Houston, April 23,2012.
- Shepherding a Homeless Flock: Trans Minister Headlines Unity Banquet, Out Smart Magazine, April 2012.
- 24th Annual Lambda Literary Award Finalists Announced, Entertainment Weekly, March 20, 2012.
- With Open Arms, Documentary, March, 2012.
- The 20th annual Transgender Unity Banquet Scheduled for April 28, 2011, Out Smart Magazine, February 24, 2012.
- The Pleasures and Perils of LGBTQ History, Windy City Times, January 18, 2012.
- Sunday Magazine with Liz Saint John, Alice 97.3, September, 18, 2011.
- Butch in the Clergy, Butch Wonders, September 4, 2011.
- 'Encampment' Brings Attention to Homeless LGBT Youth, Bay Area Reporter, May 19, 2011.
- Urban Farming About to Sprout in the City, NBC Bay Area, March 29, 2011.
- San Francisco urban farms closer to legitimacy, SF Examiner, March 28, 2011.
- Making History: "Vanguard Revisited" Has a Conversation with the Past, Indie Stories Blog, March 20, 2011.
- RIC Sunday with the Metro Portland Chapter, LCNA Blog, February 9, 2011.
- Queer Youth Revive 1960s Magazine, Bay Area Reporter, February 3, 2011.
- ELCA Launches LivingLutheran.Com for Sharing Stories and Conversation, ELCA News Service, January 27, 2011. (republished by Business Wire on Feb 9, 2011).
- Get to Know SF Community Gardens with SF Refresh, SF Weekly, January 19, 2011.
- At Free Farm in S.F., All Veggies are Given Away, Sacramento Bee, January 16, 2011.
- Urban Free Farming, McGuire Real Estate Blog, Dec 8, 2010
- LGBT Pastor Received, Bay Area Reporter, July 29, 2010.
- Lutheran Church Reinstates Gay Pastors, Ms. Magazine, July 28, 2010.
- Gay and Transgender Lutheran Pastors Reinstated, The San Francisco Chronicle, July 26, 2010.
- Lutherans Offer Warm Welcome to Gay Pastors, The New York Times, July 26, 2010.
- Lutherans Welcome Reinstated Gay Pastors, The Advocate, July 26, 2010.
- Chron 4 News, July 25, 2010.
- This story ran in more than 317 papers across the country. Gay Lutheran Pastors to Join Church Roster, AP, July 24, 2010.
- Embracing the Church: Transgender Minister to be Received as ELCA Pastor, Jill Callison, July 22, 2010.
- Lutherans Receive LGBT Pastors, Bay Area Reporter, July 22, 2010.
- Mission Local, Feeding the Mission in the Western Edition, July 9, 2010.
- Polk Street Stories, by Joey Plaster with Jay Allison, Hearing Voices, NPR, June 21, 2010.
- Two Dismissed Pastors, Others Welcomed to ELCA Clergy Roster,
ELCA News Service, May 25, 2010
- Food Runners and Urban Gardens,
Bay Area Bites, KQED Blog, April 25, 2010
- Free Farm San Francisco
Tonic, March 23, 2010
- Free Farm Plants Seeds of Community, Generosity,
San Francisco Chronicle, March 22, 2010
- Getting homeless people off the street and into the church,
Presbyterians Today Magazine, December 2009
- Being Gay in the ELCA Post-Assembly,
Pretty Good Lutherans, Nov. 14, 2009
- Hungry to Make a Difference,
Presbyterian News Service, Aug. 26, 2009
- Lutheran Group Eases Limits on Gay Clergy,
NY Times, Aug. 21, 2009
- Oral Histories Tell Polk Street Stories,
San Francisco Chronicle, Aug. 8, 2009
- The Rise and Fall of a Polk Street Hustler,
SF Bay Guardian, Mar. 18, 2009
- Openly Transgender Minister Ordained,
Bay Area Reporter, Jan. 1, 2009
- Lutherans Debate Gay Clergy Rules,
Long Beach Press-Telegram, Aug 11, 2008
- 'A Vessel of God's Love' Grace Evangelical Lutheran is a Perfect Fit for New Minister,
Houston Chronicle, Aug 29, 2008
- History Project Aims for a Snapshot of Polk Street,
Bay Area Reporter, Apr 3, 2008
- Redeeming Homeless, Letter to the Editor, Megan Rohrer, November 5, 2006
- Homeless 'Mascots' Find Niche in Tony Neighborhoods, San Francisco Chronicle, Dec 3, 2003.